FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT PRESSROOM
Awards & Accolades
Williams Asset Management is respected in the financial community and has received the following awards and recognitions:
- Gary Williams named in Forbes 2019 Best-in-State Wealth Advisor for Maryland - Ranked #764
- Gary Williams, Board Member for The Brigance Brigade Foundation in Hunt Valley, Maryland received Honorable Mention for philanthropic excellence in the eleventh annual Invest in Others Awards.
- Gary Williams has been named a 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018 Five StarSM Wealth Manager in Baltimore Magazine1.
- 2016- Williams Asset Management was ranked #21 in Baltimore Business Journal’s Top Financial Planning Companies based upon the number of Baltimore professionals employed2.
- 2017- Williams Asset Management was ranked #23 in the Baltimore Business Journal as one of the Largest Financial Planners3.
- Five Star Award is based on 10 objective eligibility and evaluation criteria, including a minimum of 5 years as an active credentialed financial professional, favorable regulatory and complaint history, accepts new clients, client retention rates, client assets administered, education, and professional designations. 1,759 Baltimore area wealth managers were considered for the award; 232 (13 percent of candidates) were named 2018 Five Star Wealth Managers. (The criteria provided reflects the most recent year for which advisor received the award. The criteria used, the number of wealth managers considered for the award, and the percentage of those who receive the award, may vary from year to year). These awards are not indicative of the wealth managers' future performance. Your experiences may vary. For more information, please visit www.fivestarprofessional.com.
- The Baltimore Business Journal ranking is based solely upon on number of Baltimore professionals employed and is not indicative of current or future performance.
- The Baltimore Business Journal ranking is based solely upon on number of Baltimore professionals employed and is not indicative of current or future performance. Williams Asset Management employs 5 Baltimore-area professionals as of December 2017.
- 2019 ranking of the Forbes’ Best-in-State Wealth Advisors list was developed by SHOOK Research and is based on in-person and telephone due-diligence meetings to evaluate each advisor qualitatively and on a ranking algorithm that includes client retention, industry experience, review of compliance records, firm nominations, and quantitative criteria (including assets under management and revenue generated for their firms)
As Seen In
With over 20 years' experience in retirement planning and investment management, news outlets regulary seek Gary's commentary for news articles and interviews. In recent years, Gary has been festured in or on the following news outlets:
Turn Your Retirement Portfolio into a Work of “Art”
Retirement planning is more difficult than saving for other goals in life because of the many variables involved, and that uniqueness is why investors should approach it more as an “art" than a science, says Gary Williams, author of “The Art of Retirement". Read more . . .
Retirement Planning: Retire to Something, Not From Something
When most people think of retirement planning, they think about investing, Social Security, and how they're going to pay for their
golden years. Read more . . .
Empowering People to Manage Their Financial and Investment Affairs
Listen to the full interview . . .
Don't Let New Wealth From an Inheritance Spur Anxiety and Guilt
According to the Center on Wealth and Philanthropy (CWP) at Boston College, an estimated $41 trillion will pass between generations by the year 2055. Read more . . .
How We Set Up Our Professional Athletes to Fail
“Athletes are prone to the same culture as everyone else, and society today places a huge emphasis on material items,”
says Gary Williams. Read more . . .
Commentary: Start Planning for Retirement Well in Advance
One of the biggest lessons of the recent economy is that many people who thought they were financially ready for retirement . . . weren’t.
Read more . . .
U.S. Stocks Plunge Again in One of Worst Starts to a Year Ever
Gary Williams, president and CEO of Columbia-based Williams Asset Management, said the current correction “may not be the bottom," but investors shouldn't panic. Read more . . .
How to Plan for Retirement at the 11th Hour
Author and financial planner Gary S. Williams explains what to do if you haven't saved enough for retirement. Read more . . .
Reproduced with permission of Yahoo. ©2014 Yahoo. YAHOO!
and the Yahoo logo are registered trademarks of Yahoo.
A Seven-Point Checklist for Your Estate Plan
When it comes to estate planning, executing your will and other estate documents is only the first step.